Real Men Charities, Inc Timeline
Presenting Father's Day Events and the Health and Wellness Zone
- Fifteenth Anniversary Real Men Cook® Events
- Real Men Charities is incorporated. Launches a six-month prostate cancer awareness
- Real Men Charities, Inc. received DHS/Black United Fund grants for Obesity,
Capacity Building and Male Involvement programs.
- Real Men Charities hosted Black Men˙s Conference with Kevin Powell for 300.
- Launch Real Men Charities, Inc Health & Wellness Pavilion after successful
prostate cancer awareness at Real Men Cook sponsored by Tap
- Eddie and Gerald Levert are national Real Men Cook event hosts/attend in Chicago
- Senator Barack Obama attends Real Men Cook. This time he takes the time to
the Real Men Cook official bandana and serve. (The official bandana reads: Real
Men Cook, Real Men Love, Real Men Care, Real Men Work, Real Men Provide,
Real Men Build and Real Men become the fathers of real men... and womenˇ)
- Tavis Smiley features Eddie and Gerald Levert discussing their national role with
the Real Men Cook fatherhood movement the Real Men Cook fatherhood movement
- Real Men Charities, Inc. organized "˛50 Hoops for Prostate Cancer" in Chicago. 101 men
were tested free by Dr. Terry Mason's team in a single day.
- Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH), headed by Dr. Eric Whitaker, DD, MPH,
collaborate to sponsor the Real Men Charities, Inc. Health & Wellness Pavilion at
Real Men Cook.
- Real Men Cook event generated over $30k for NPOs.
- Real Men Cook hard cover issued by Simon & Schuster with cover notes by then -
U.S. Senator, Barack Obama
- Gerald Levert hosts Real Men Cook in New York
- TIME magazine featured Real men Cook in article "Manning the Stove"
- Real Men Cook's Real Men Cook with Kids healthy program is featured on
"Roker on the Road' with Al Roker