Real Men Charities, Inc Timeline
Presenting Father's Day Events and the Health and Wellness Zone
- Real Men Charities, Inc. launched "Gimme Five...more years" to address the health
disparity that cause Black men to die from prostate cancer. Over 500 men were
screened free for the disease.
- Real Men Charities receives IDPH grant to Real Men Charities and caused 580 mostly
youth to be screened for HIV, 3000 condoms distributed and thousands educated during events, Real Men Cook and radio PSA schedule.
- Real Men Charities partnered with â•˛Tied to Greatness to share professional dressing
and show high school men how to tie their ties.
- Real Men Cook is presented in eleven cities on Father's Day with eight presenting the
Real Men Charities, Inc. Health & Wellness Pavilions.
- Real Men Charities, Inc. is a founding nonprofit of Good Greens, now a USDA initiative.
- Chef Jeff Henderson, author of "Cooked," hosts Real Men Cook Dallas
- Bahamas Real Men Cook celebration on Grand Bahama Island with plans to present
- Real Men Cook sponsors include The Nielsen Company, Cuisine Noir Magazine
and the National PTA
- Real Men Cook multiple city sponsors are State Farm and The Home Depot
- Black Culinary Association joins Real Men Cook Pavilion for health consciousness in NY
- Atlanta, New York celebrate 10 consecutive years of Real Men Cook events on
- Real Men Cook featured on the Christian Broadcast Network's 700 Club Show,
with the Real Men Charities, Inc. health initiatives for prostate cancer awareness.
- Real Men Cook's 20th Anniversary recognized before Congress by Congressman Rangel and is part of the 111th Congressional Record.
- Real Men Charities, Inc. with a grant from the Illinois Department of Public Health,
screened 605 men for prostate cancer between April and July
- Real Men Cook celebrates 20th Year of consecutive Father's Day celebrations
of real men to the delight of women
- Houston rolls Real Men Cook into Juneteenth Multicultural Health Festival in
Discovery Green Park, presented by Real Men Charities, Inc.
- Philadelphia celebrated 10 consecutive years of Real Men Cook events
- Real Men Charities presents Health & Wellness Zones, expanded from
Pavilions in previous years. An estimated 1000 were screened free for heart
disease, HIV/AIDS and diabetes in multiple cities on Father's Day.
- Real Men Cook Miami presented at the Miami Convention Center and hosted
by Marriott Beach Hollywood Executive Chef, Ron Duprat
- Sponsors include State Farm in multiple cities
- Congressman Danny Davis' Men's Expo presents Real Men Cook with Trail
- Food Network's Paula Deen Show devotes entire show to Real Men Cook
- Governor Pat Quinn, Congressman Danny Davis and Illinois Department of
Public Health Director host Real Men Cook in Chicago